James Hardie Shingle Siding by A.B. Edward Enterprises, Inc.
Shingle siding gives a house instant, timeless character. The classic-meets-rustic look has been popular since the late 1800s. In the Chicago suburbs, Frank Lloyd Wright was influenced by the style, as seen in some of the homes he designed in Oak Park.
James Hardie is well known for its HardiePlank® lap siding, but the company also designs durable shingle siding. HardieShingle® siding comes in a few varieties, such as a staggered edge panel for a more rustic look, and a straight edge panel for a more clean-lined look.
Whether you want to shingle all or some of your home’s exterior, here’s a roundup of suburban homes with shingle siding:
- Home fully clad in straight edge HardieShingle siding in Light Mist
- Gables of home in staggered edge HardieShingle siding in Iron Gray
- Gables of home in staggered edge HardieShingle siding in Sail Cloth
- Gables of home in straight edge HardieShingle siding in Evening Blue
In addition to their timeless look, the durable nature of the siding makes it long lasting, too. Every James Hardie® product has been tested and engineered to help withstand and resist damage from pests, fire and Midwest weather (such as freezing temperatures, moisture, snowfall, ice, hail, wind and extreme temperature variations). This means you can love not only the look, but also the quality, of your shingle siding.
Here are a few more articles we are recommending for you.
- Chicago Siding Tips to Boost Your Curb Appeal
- 7 Questions to Ask Before You Build Green
- Strong and Stylish: Siding to Complement Your Home’s Details
- James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding in St. Charles IL 60174